Broken down in handy A-to-Z fashion, this uncensored, sarcastic, and sharp-witted dictionary gives the lowdown on all of your favorite and not-so-favorite aspects of high school, from prom, hooking up, and graduation to acne, standardized tests, and school shrinks.
At a price even a babysitters income can afford (and in a light paperback format that won't weigh down your backpack), The Dictionary of High School B.S. is an entertaining guide to the ridiculous rules, irritating people, and ongoing dramas that fill four of the most awkward, exciting, and downright confusing years of your life. Each entry begins with a straight definition followed by a series of humorous alternate meanings.
1. the selling of all kinds of crap in order to subsidize a school activity or group, such as a class trip or the cheerleading squad.
2. carrying around a box of overpriced candy or a catalog for wrapping paper and begging people to buy stuff they dont need.
3. in some cases, going door to door in ones neighborhood, holding a car wash, or, if one gets desperate, putting up a lemonade stand.
4. asking parents to ask/force their friends and coworkers to fork over some money or, if they cant be bothered to do that, just write a check themselves for that whole box of candy and eat it or throw it away.
Of course, this dictionary probably wont help you avoid all of the B.S. that comes with high school. But it might make it all a little easier to laugh at.
acne (n) also known as zits.
1. facial eruptions that are simultaneously infuriating, fascinating, and gross.
2. a massive source of embarrassment, especially when the bumps are huge, red, and resistant to benzoyl peroxide and concealer, the latter of which just makes them worse and, ironically, more noticeable.
3. a personal affect that will leave your friends assuring you "It...