I have used this book to help teach younger students to learn how to sew on a machine. My young niece just saved up her own money to be able to get a sewing machine but my sister-in-law knows nothing about sewing. I was able to send this book to them and it has helped them to be able to learn together. My niece has already begun working on projects.
My granddaughters are 10 and 7 and they want to learn to sew. I wasn't sure how to start to teach them. This book is an excellent way to teach them. I would recommend it to anyone-even adults could learn from it!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? The image was as good as the actual book.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this product was very good.
I wanted some hints on teaching my grandaughters to use a full-size sewing machine so I bought this book. It didn't give me what I was looking for, but it is a wonderful aid in teaching my girls about the machine itself ie: parts of the machine and their function, how to thread, things to be aware of, etc. All this is done is "game" format, crosswords, word find, matching etc It makes a necessary part of learning the machine in a fun way that kids will enjoy.
My granddaughter loves watching me sew. She turns 8 in May. This is the perfect book to buy when you plan to teach a child to sew. It has sewing drills and games that will interest any child. My granddaughter wanted to "make" something right away. With this book she saw she needed to learn how to sew first. I am so happy I found it. Thanks Overstock!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It is a book
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Content is so appropriate for young children
An excellent book for a child who is just learning to sew. I purchased this for my 8 yr. old granddaughter who has had fun using my sewing machine to make fun things with my quilting scraps.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, wish it were spiral bound and easier to make copies of the pattern pages as the book suggests.
This book is full of projects for children as they learn to sew. It starts very simply and progresses as they begin to master the basics. I have found that it is especially useful, if as the teacher, you have limited to no knowledge of sewing machines or sewing. Sewing is new to me as the parent, and this book is allowing me to teach my child how to use her new sewing machine.