Tim Ferriss is author of the #1 New York Times best sellers The 4-Hour Workweek and The 4-Hour Body. Hes been called The Superman of Silicon Valley by Wired, one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Business People and the worlds best guinea pig by Newsweek, which ranked him in its top 10 most powerful personalities on the 2012 Digital 100 Power Index. He is an adviser and faculty member at Singularity University, based at NASA Ames Research Center, which focuses on leveraging accelerating technologies to address global problems. Tims work has been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, the Economist, and The New Yorker, among many others.
WHAT IF YOU COULD BECOME WORLD-CLASS IN ANYTHING IN 6 MONTHS OR LESS?The 4-Hour Chef
isnt just a cookbook. Its a choose-your-own-adventure guide to the world of rapid learning.
#1 New York Times
bestselling author (and lifelong non-cook) Tim Ferriss takes you from Manhattan to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets of the worlds fastest learners and greatest chefs. Ferriss uses cooking to explain meta-learning, a step-by-step process that can be used to master anything, whether searing steak or shooting 3-pointers in basketball. That is the real recipe of The 4-Hour Chef
You'll train inside the kitchen for everything outside the kitchen. Featuring tips and tricks from chess prodigies, world-renowned chefs, pro athletes, master sommeliers, super models, and everyone in between, this cookbook for people who dont buy cookbooks is a guide to mastering cooking and life.The 4-Hour Chef
is a five-stop journey through the art and science of learning:
1. META-LEARNING. Before you learn to cook, you must learn to learn. META charts the path to doubling your learning potential.
2. THE DOMESTIC. DOM is where you learn the building blocks of cooking. These are the ABCs (techniques) that can take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
3. THE WILD. Becoming a master student requires self-sufficiency in all things. WILD teaches you to hunt, forage, and survive.
4. THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. This is where you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
5. THE PROFESSIONAL. Swaraj, a term usually associated with Mahatma Gandhi, can be translated as self-rule. In PRO, well look at how the best in the world become the best in the world, and how you can chart your own path far beyond this book.