Success as a Mediator for Dummies (Paperback)
Everything you need to enter the exciting field of legal mediation
To be an effective mediator, it's essential to possess the ability to take control of animated situations, offer advice, and facilitate discussionall the while remaining neutr...
Victoria Pynchon is a mediator, author, speaker, negotiation trainer, consultant, and attorney with 25 years of experience in commercial litigation practice. Joe Kraynak is a professional writer who has contributed to numerous For Dummies books.
To be an effective mediator, it's essential to possess the ability to take control of animated situations, offer advice, and facilitate discussionall the while remaining neutral without formulating biased judgment. Success as a Mediator For Dummies helps you acquire these attributes and much more.
Aspiring mediators will learn the importance of upholding an honorable reputation, the skills, personality traits, and characteristics of a good mediator, and how to effectively market a successful mediation career. Plus, you'll get practical advice about finding work in the field, realistic salary information, and tips on as tips on identifying whether you have the skills and tools to become a good mediator.
- The steps necessary to become a mediator (education, training, licensing, states-specific requirements, etc.)
- How your education and professional background can enhance your mediation work
- Sample rules and standards of conduct
- All the steps necessary to build and market a successful private practice in mediation, or flourish as a mediator in a law firm, corporation, school, or non-profit organization
Whether you have a background in law or an interest in legal careers, Success as a Mediator For Dummies gives you everything you need to enter the exciting field of legal mediation.
|Genre||LAW / Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation|
|Publisher Date||2012-04-10 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.15 lb|
|Series Name||For Dummies|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.