Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 (Paperback)
Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with comprehensive coverage from the most trusted source in the field! Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition is the practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly ho...
Take your first step toward a successful career in medical coding with comprehensive coverage from the most trusted source in the field! Step-by-Step Medical Coding 2012 Edition is the practical, easy-to-use resource that shows you exactly how to code using all of today's coding systems by providing an in-depth introduction to essential coding concepts followed by practice exercises that reinforce your understanding. In addition to coverage of reimbursement, ICD-9-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and inpatient coding, the 2012 edition offers complete coverage of the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system in preparation for the transition in 2013. No other text on the market so thoroughly prepares you for all coding systems in one source!
- Complete coverage of the new ICD-10 code set prepares you for the upcoming transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 in October 2013.
- Dual coding in Units 4 and 5 (where both ICD-10 and ICD-9 answers are provided for every exercise, chapter review, and workbook question) ensures you can code using the systems of both today and tomorrow.
- Consistent, full-color design provides easy navigation and presents material in a unique, compelling way.
- In-text exercises throughout each chapter reinforce coding rules and concepts and follow the book's step-by-step approach.
- Quick Check features immediately reinforce key concepts and test your retention and understanding.
- Concrete "real-life" coding examples help you apply important coding principles and practices to actual scenarios from the field.
- Toolbox features provide additional real-world cases for analyzing and applying your coding knowledge.
- Over 450 total illustrations of medical procedures or conditions help you understand the services being coded.
- Answer formats develop you...
|Genre||MEDICAL / Medical History & Records|
|Publisher Date||2011-12-05 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||W B Saunders Co|
|Unit weight||4.75 lb|
|Series Name||Step-by-step Medical Coding|
|Audience||Professional and scholarly|
|Authors||Buck, Carol J.|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.