Southern Living, launched in 1966, is the heart of Southern life. Over 16 million people turn to the magazine each month for definitive Southern recipes, travel tips, gardening guides, and home decorating inspiration.
From the experts at Southern Living
comes the most comprehensive guide to Southern cooking ever published-the essential source to experience, prepare, and savor the New South cuisine as well as the region's beloved classics. This treasury of Southern cooking showcases recipes with entertaining commentary spotlighting the colorful cultural influences, Southernisms, fiery food debates, and the lighthearted side of Southern cooking. You'll also find helpful tips, menus for strictly Southern occasions, quick inspirations, and Taste of the South features highlighting just what gives a recipe its Southern accent. Discover what the Food staff considers to be their quintessential Southern ingredients, techniques, and equipment. Browse through these pages and find:
- Over 1,000 tried-and-true favorite Southern recipes
- More than 150 full-color mouthwatering images
- Valuable cooking pointers throughout that make preparing Southern classics and updated favorites foolproof
- Recipe banners to help quickly identify types of recipes like family favorite, make ahead, for kids, and more
- Food Finds featuring some of the finest eateries the South has to offer, all of them recognized by the magazine's Food and Travel editors