• A 31-volume manga series
• Slam Dunk is widely considered to be the best sports manga ever.
• Great non-shojo romance title that men wouldn’t be ashamed to read.
• From the award-winning creator of Vagabond (available from VIZ Media’s Signature Manga line)
• Everything and anything Takehiko Inoue creates hits the Top Ten Tohan sales list in Japan.
• Vagabond has sold over 48 million copies, Real has sold 8 million copies, and Slam Dunk has sold over 100 million copies worldwide.
• Takehiko Inoue has won numerous awards, including the Tezuka Award, and has been nominated for an Eisner Award in Best Writer/Artist category for Vagabond.
• Real is part of a 2008 initiative to push the manga masterpieces from Inoue.
One of the most popular manga in the history of manga! Winning isn't everything in basketball, but who wants to come in second? It takes dedication and discipline to be the best, and the Shohoku High hoops team wants to be just that--the best. They have one last year to make their captain's dream of reaching the finals come true--will they do it? Takehiko Inoue's legendary basketball manga is finally here, and the tale of a lifetime is in your hands!
He may be a pain in the butt, but Hanamichi's athletic prowess and monstrous strength have not gone unnoticed by the captain of Shohoku's judo team. Hoping to take his troupe to a national title, the judo captain is willing to go to great lengths to lure Hanamichi away from the court and get him on the sparring mat. Will out-and-out bribery convince Hanamichi that judo's the way to go, or will he stay a basketball man to the very end?
Takehiko Inoue is the creator of one of the most popular manga of all time, Slam Dunk, which has sold over 100 million copies worldwide. He followed that series up with two titles lauded by critics and fans alike--Vagabond, a fictional account of the life of Miyamoto Musashi, and Real, a manga about wheelchair basketball. Inoue is the recipient of numerous awards, including the prestigious Tezuka Osamu Culture award and the Media Arts Festival Award. In addition to his work on manga, Inoue has worked on television commercials, character designs for video games, and is the founder of a scholarship to foster Japanese basketball talent.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.