• To be serialized in VIZ Media’s Shonen Jump magazine starting in 2008.
• From creator of Real and Vagabond, also available from VIZ Media.
• Inoue’s series Slam Dunk has over 100 million copies in print worldwide.
• Vagabond has sold over 22 million copies worldwide!
• Real has over 8 million copies in print worldwide.
• Slam Dunk is widely considered to be the best sports manga ever.
• Inoue received the 2000 Media Arts award for manga from the Japanese Ministry of Culture and the Kodansha award for best manga for his work on Vagabond.
• Nominated for 2003 Eisner Award in the category for Best Writer/Artist!
• Everything Takehiko Inoue has published has hit the top ten sales list in Japan.
• An anime series for Slam Dunk was created by Toei Animation.
Basketball. The court, the ball, the hoop. The hopes, the dreams, the sweat. It takes dedication and discipline to be the best, and the Shohoku High hoops team wants to be just that--the best. They have one last year to make their captain's dream of reaching the finals come true--will they do it? Takehiko Inoue's legendary basketball manga is finally here, and the tale of a lifetime is in your hands!
Sakuragi Hanamichi's got no game with girls--none at all! It doesn't help that he's known for throwing down at a moment's notice and always coming out on top. A hopeless bruiser, he's been rejected by 50 girls in a row! All that changes when he meets the girl of his dreams, Haruko, and she's actually not afraid of him! When she introduces him to the game of basketball, his life is changed forever...
Takehiko Inoue was born in Kagoshima prefecture in 1967. His first major success -- the hugely popular 31-volume long basketball manga SLAM DUNK -- sold over 100 million copies worldwide and catapulted him into the top ranks of Japanese manga artists. Besides manga, Inoue also worked on character design for the Playstation basketball game ONE ON ONE.