|Up to 45% off Dining Room Furniture*||Up to 65% off Jewelry & Watches*||Up to 70% off Select Area Rugs*||Up to 25% off Select Bedroom Furniture*|
Japanese-style shoji screens are translucent, wooden-lattice panels that subtly transform light and space and add an elegant touch to any decor. This book contains all the information you need to design and make shoji for your own home or apartment.
* Notes on aesthetics and design fundamentals
* Complete how-to guide covering basic construction methods, screen materials, and wood selection
* Home projects, including window inserts, sliding and hanging screens, glass panel shoji, double- and single-sided shoji, skylight shoji, decorative wall boxes, and floor and table lanterns
* Introduction to Japanese hand tools and planing and joinery techniques
* Sample lattice patterns, photographs, and line drawings for design and remodeling ideas
* List of suppliers
JAY VAN ARSDALE is a carpenter and shoji maker who teaches classes in Japanese tools and woodworking techniques. He lives in Oakland, California.
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.