Covers iOS 6, Xcode 4.5+, iPhone, iPad, and More!
Figures and code appear as they do in Xcode 4.5+
In just 24 sessions of one hour each, learn how to build powerful applications for today’s hottest handheld devices: the iPhone and iPad! Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master every skill and technology you need, from setting up your iOS development environment to building great responsive user interfaces, from sensing motion to writing multitasking applications. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common iOS development tasks.
Activities at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
Notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
• Printed in full color
• Covers iOS 6.0 and up
• Use the new Objective-C NSArray, NSDictionary, and NSNumber Data Type shortcuts introduced in Xcode 4.5.2
• Learn to navigate the Xcode 4.5+ development environment
• Prepare your system and iDevice for efficient development
• Get started quickly with Apple’s Objective-C and Cocoa Touch
• Understand the Model-View-Controller (MVC) development paradigm
• Visually design and code interfaces using Xcode storyboards, segues, exits, and the iOS Object Library
• Use Auto Layout to adapt to different screen sizes and orientations
• Build advanced UIs with tables, split views, navigation controllers, and more
• Read and write preferences and data, and create System Settings plug-ins
• Use the iOS media playback and recording capabilities
• Take photos and manipulate graphics with Core Image
• Sense motion, orientation, and location with the accelerometer, gyroscope, and GPS
• Integrate online services using Twitter, Facebook, Email, Web Views, and Apple Maps
• Create universal applications that run on both the iPhone and iPad
• Write background-aware multitasking applications
• Trace and debug your applications as they run
John Ray is currently serving as the Interim Director of the Office of Research Information Systems for The Ohio State University. He has written numerous books for Macmillan/Sams/ Que, includingUsing TCP/IP: Special Edition, Teach Yourself Dreamweaver MX in 21 Days,Mac OS X Unleashed, My Mountain Lion MacBook, and Teach Yourself iOS 5 Development in 24 Hours. As a Macintosh user since 1984, he strives to ensure that each project presents the Macintosh with the equality and depth it deserves. Even technical titles such as Using TCP/IP contain extensive information about the Macintosh and its applications and have garnered numerous positive reviews for their straightforward approach and accessibility to beginner and intermediate users.
You can visit his website at http://teachyourselfios.com or follow him on Twitter at @johnemeryray or #iOSIn24.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.