Sams Teach Yourself iPad 2 in 10 Minutes: Covers iOS5 (Paperback)
Sams Teach Yourself iPad™ 2 in 10 Minutes, Third Edition offers straightforward, practical answers when you need fast results. By working through 10-mi...
James Floyd Kelly is a technology writer from Atlanta, Georgia. James received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the University of West Florida and a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from Florida State University.
James has written on numerous technology subjects. He has written books that teach readers how to build CNC machines and 3D printers as well as LEGO robots, and he’s written on subjects as diverse as Mint.com (a financial online tool), Open Source software, and the Motorola Xoom tablet.
James’ first computer was the original Apple Macintosh (1984), but since then he’s mainly been swimming in the waters of Microsoft Windows. But his purchase of the first iPad, followed recently by a purchase of the iPad 2 and then a new Macbook Air, have given him a new outlook on his work life.
James lives with his wife, Ashley, and two sons, and he tries to learn something new every day.
Sams Teach Yourself iPad™ 2 in 10 Minutes, Third Edition offers straightforward, practical answers when you need fast results. By working through 10-minute lessons, you’ll learn everything you need to use your iPad 2 to get online, get apps, use the Web, manage email, books, photos, music, video–anything! Each compact lesson zeroes in on essential techniques, with fast, step-by-step instructions that help you do it right the first time!
Tips point out shortcuts and solutions
Cautions help you avoid common pitfalls
Notes provide additional information
10 minutes is all you need to learn how to…
- Use FaceTime for personal video phone calls and conferences
- Take photos and make video clips with the front-facing and rear-facing cameras
- Manage settings for the iPad 2 and customize it to suit your needs
- Hook up to external devices such as a camera, a presentation screen, TV, or HDTV
- Use Safari to access the Web, including your bookmarked and favorite sites
- Use the Mail app to read, send, and manage your email
- Manage personal information with the Calendar, Contacts, and Notes apps
- Subscribe to and read digital versions of magazines and newspapers
- Watch videos, TV shows, and movies on your iPad 2
- Use iBooks and the iBooks Store to browse, buy, download, and read digital books
- Get and play music on the iPad 2 from iTunes and other sources
- Use Messages to have real-time text discussions with friends and family
- Learn about new features to iOS 5, including iCloud, Photo Booth, and more
|Genre||COMPUTERS / Hardware / Handheld Devices|
|Publisher Date||2011-12-08 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||0.65 lb|
|Authors||Kelly, James Floyd|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.