Sams Teach Yourself TCP / IP in 24 Hours (Paperback)
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll discover how to implement, monitor, and manage a TCP/IP network–even the latest cloud-based and IPv6 networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll uncov...
In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll discover how to implement, monitor, and manage a TCP/IP network–even the latest cloud-based and IPv6 networks. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll uncover the essentials of TCP/IP and put that knowledge to work through practical examples. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, giving you a strong real-world foundation for success. Expert author and network engineer Joe Casad guides you from the basics to advanced techniques—including TCP/IP’s architecture, layers, subnetting, CIDR, routing, security, utilities, remote access, web services, streaming, and much more.
Practical discussions provide an inside look at TCP/IP components and protocols.
Step-by-step instructions walk you through many common tasks.
Q&As at the end of each hour help you test your knowledge.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions and help you steer clear of potential problems.
If you’re looking for a smart, concise introduction to the protocols that power the Internet, start your clock and look inside. Sams Teach Yourself TCP/IP in 24 Hours is your guide to the secrets of TCP/IP.
Learn how to…
- Understand what TCP/IP is, and how it works
- Discover how IPv6 differs from IPv4, and how to migrate or coexist with IPv6
- Work with TCP/IP’s Network
- Access, Internet, Transport, and Application layers
- Implement flexible addressing with subnetting and CIDR
- Establish efficient and reliable routing
- Implement name resolution
- Secure TCP/IP networks—detect and prevent attacks
- Automatically configure TCP/IP clients and hosts
- Provide classic TCP/IP services and powerful new Web services
- Use TCP/IP in advanced cloud-based environments
- Support efficient media streaming and webcasting
- Capitalize on the benefits of the new HTML5 standard
- Run TCP/IP protocols over wireless networks
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networks with ping, traceroute, and other tools
- Provide for monitoring and remote access
- Deploy efficient email systems with POP3, IMAP4, and SMTP
- Walk through all facets of implementing a TCP/IP network
Joe Casad is an engineer, author, and editor who has written widely on computer networking and system administration. He has written or cowritten 12 books on computers and networking. He currently serves as editor in chief of Linux Pro Magazine and ADMIN Online. In a past life, he was the editor of C/C++ Users Journal and senior editor of UnixReview.com.
|Genre||COMPUTERS / Networking / Network Protocols|
|Publisher Date||2011-10-25 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.8 lb|
|Series Name||Sams Teach Yourself|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.