• This VIZBIG edition of Rurouni Kenshin contains Volumes 7-9, bonus color content, and updated text.
• A 28-volume manga series – over 4.5 million copies in accumulated sales in Japan!
• Rurouni Kenshin has sold through over 1.2 million units in the US to date. (Bookscan).
• Rurouni Kenshin was the #1 series sold in 2004, and Rurouni Kenshin volume 1 was the top graphic novel sold in 2004 (BookScan).
• Rurouni Kenshin has made numerous appearances on the USA Today Top 150 list, and was the first graphic novel title ever to make it on USA Today’s Top 150 overall fiction list.
• Rurouni Kenshin was named the Top Manga Property of 2004 by ICv2.
• The anime series, which aired on Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim, continues to be one of the most popular series.
• Rurouni Kenshin inspired a movie and an OAV series, currently available in English from ADV Films.
• Translated in 14 countries worldwide.
Packed with action, romance and historical intrigue, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the most beloved and popular manga series worldwide. Set against the backdrop of the Meiji Restoration, it tells the saga of Himura Kenshin, once an assassin of ferocious power, now a humble rurouni, a wandering swordsman fighting to protect the honor of those in need.
The Shinsengumi--fearsome and formidable protectors of the Shogunate. Kenshin knows them well, having done battle with them during the final days of the Meiji Restoration. One man in particular--Saito Hajime, captain of the third unit--lingers in Kenshin's mind. Now an officer of the law and known as "Fujita Goro," Saito arrives on the steps of the Kamiya Dojo, challenging Kenshin to a duel that will force a reawakening of Kenshin's own past. But the confrontation with Saito is just the beginning of something much larger, something that will involve the future of the new Japan...
Nobuhiro Watsuki earned international accolades for his first major manga series, Rurouni Kenshin, about a wandering swordsman in Meiji Era Japan. Serialized in Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump from 1994 to 1999, Rurouni Kenshin quickly became a worldwide sensation, inspiring a spin-off short story ("Yahiko no Sakabato"), an animated TV series, and several animated movies. Watsuki's latest series, Buso Renkin, also available in English from VIZ Media, began publication in Weekly Shonen Jump in June 2003.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.