Was not happy with this book I wanted one that had a few pic's of what the food should look like and this book was a little BORING. There are a few good recipes in it but a waste of money and time. And that Overstock wants to charge me $$$ dollars to return it to them. So now I am stuck with a useless book that I am never going to use. I have been an overstock customer for a few yrs and this is the 2nd item I have got from them I was not happy with. Just disappointed!!!
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Could have said that this book has no pictures.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NOT!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Book itself was a hard bound cover and had some useful information.
I would definitely recommend this cookbook to anyone who uses a pressure cooker.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Product is exactly as described.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Product is exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have used this cookbook numerous times. Simple and tasty.
very helpful tips for the novice and the experienced cook. this is my first pressure cooker cookbook and I use it every time I use my cooker. the times posted for each meat or vegetable is accurate thus far.
- Did the image onsite match the product? yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
- How is the quality of the product? good
I was looking for a book with timing charts for pressure cooking whole grains and beans. Not only does this book have great timing charts, it has tons of pressure cooker specific tips. (Now I know why my beans always used to burst, and it wasn't overcooking!) It is also full of recipes my family will love, and the recipes come with suggestions for changing ingredients for variety or personal preference. I love this book.
I recently purchased a new digital electronic pressure cooker. Having never used one before, I didn't find the recipe guide that came with the cooker helpful for adapting favorite recipes. This book provides helpful hints on cooking with various types of pressure cookers, as well as adapting cooking times depending on cut of meat, whether meat is frozen vs thawed, etc. I think it is particularly helpful to those new to pressure cooking and would definitely reccomend it.
This book has a lot of really good recipes. There are no pictures if you like pictures. I do but I knew her recipes are really good because I had tried them before. I have just ordered her other pressure cooker book Cooking Under Pressure. Thanks Overstock!
The best things that I got from this book is that you must experiment using the suggestions in the book and not to expect that your first tries in pressure cooking will be PERFECT. I would have quit after my first attempt at the dinner that I pressure cooked . It was not that appealing.. Altho edible, it was overcooked. I now just keep experimenting and the dishes seem to be getting better. I am looking forward to trying the desserts that are at the back of the book.