Pragmatic Version Control: Using Subversion (Paperback)
This book covers the theory behind version control and how it can help developers become more efficient, work better as a team, and keep on top of software complexity. Version control, done well, is your "undo" button for the project: nothing i...
This book covers the theory behind version control and how it can help developers become more efficient, work better as a team, and keep on top of software complexity. Version control, done well, is your "undo" button for the project: nothing is final, and mistakes are easily rolled back.
This book describes Subversion 1.3, the latest and hottest open source version control system, using a recipe-based approach that will get you up and running quickly and correctly. Learn how to use Subversion the right way-the pragmatic way.
With this book, you can:
- Keep all project assets safe--not just source code--and never run the risk of losing a great idea
- Know how to undo bad decisions--even directories and symlinks are versioned
- Learn how to share code safely, and work in parallel for maximum efficiency
- Install Subversion and organize, administer and backup your repository
- Share code over a network with Apache, svnserve, or ssh
- Create and manage releases, code branches, merges and bug fixes
- Manage 3rd party code safely
- Use all the latest Subversion 1.3 features including locking and path-based security, and much more!
Now there's no excuse not to use professional-grade version control.
|Genre||COMPUTERS / Software Development & Engineering / General|
|Publisher Date||2006-07-30 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.1 lb|
|Series Name||The Pragmatic Starter Kit Series|
|Series Volume Number||1|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.