The world's best-selling Almanac for kids is packed with amazing animals, cool inventions, dinosaurs, robots, maps, games, activities, and more all in one "fun-tastic" volume. In true National Geographic style, this book excites young people about their world and everything in it, so it's no surprise that the 2012 edition landed at #3 on the New York Times best seller list! The 2014 Almanac features fun information, browsable features, and helpful reference on subjects including technology, countries, presidents, animals, weather, funny roadside attractions, outer space, green tips, and natural disasters, just for starters. Chapters include Amazing Animals, Going Green, Geography Rocks, Super Science, Wonders of Nature, Awesome Adventure, Culture Connection, History Happens, and an interactive Fun and Games chapter. Exciting changes for 2014 include:
• Forty percent NEW content, including photos and articles
• Mobile media features in every chapter that readers can download to an iPod Touch or smart phone, including National Geographic animal videos, photo galleries, and interactive games
• A brand new special section on cute animals
• A fully revamped continents of the world section
• A special Fun and Games chapter featuring all-new jokes, games, and comics, featuring funny animal photos and colorful illustrations
• A fully updated "Your World" section, which opens the Almanac, will include all-new, up-to-the-moment content
• All-new fun facts, activities, games, and crafts
• More than 500 photographs, including incredible gorgeous new photo spreads featuring animals, adventure, nature, and more
• 8 Homework Help sections
• All facts, figures, and reference material will be updated
• And much more...
Based in part on content from the award-winning and top-selling children's magazine, National Geographic Kids. Additional content was created by multiple National Geographic contributors, including researchers and photographers in the field, as well as content experts and educational specialists. The author lives in Washington, DC.
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.