• An 18-volume manga series-over 20MM copies sold to date in Japan!
• Named the Best Manga of 2006 by Anime Insider.
• Awarded the 1997 Media Arts Festival Award for Excellence, in 1999 the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award, and in 2001 the Shogakukan Award for Best Manga.
• Inspired anime, music, and trade book spin-offs in Japan.
• From the creator of 20th Century Boys and Yawara.
• Released Bi-monthly (every other month).
MONSTER weaves the riveting story of brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma, a famous surgeon with a promising career at a leading hospital. Tenma risks his reputation and promising career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, this child is destined for a terrible fate. Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing depiction of the underbelly of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller.
Tenma is lying low in Frankfurt, but his brief respite is doomed to be short-lived. Milan, one of Tenma's new friends, is planning to assassinate a man with deep ties to "Red Rose Mansion." Can Tenma dissuade him from this drastic line of action? Also, a seemingly unrelated string of murders by various serial killers hints at a sinister connection with Johan. How many more people need to die before the monster's work is complete?
Naoki Urasawa has been a highly recognized and successful manga artist for more than 20 years. Creator of popular series such as 20TH CENTURY BOYS and YAWARA, Urasawa has been the recipient of numerous prestigious awards including the first Japanese Media Art Festival Manga Award of Excellence, the Osamu Tezuka Culture Award in 1999, and the 46th Shogakukan Manga Award. Naoki Urasawa's Monster has thrilled and entertained well over 25 million readers in Japan.
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.