Covers iPod touch 4th and 5th Generation running iOS 6
Step-by-step instructions with callouts to iPod touch photos so that you can see exactly what to do
Help when you run into iPod touch problems or limitations
Tips and Notes to help you get the most from your iPod touch
Full-color, step-by-step tasks walk you through getting and keeping your iPod touch working just the way you want. Learn how to:
• Connect to the Internet, Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi networks, and other iPod touches, iPhones, and iPads
• Use Siri to get information, write texts and emails, set reminders/appointments, and more just by speaking to your iPod touch 5th Generation
• Customize your iPod touch with folders, wallpaper, sounds, and much more
• Configure and sync your information, and efficiently manage contacts, reminders, and calendars
• Communicate via FaceTime videoconferences, text messages, and email
• Make the most of Safari to browse the Web and Mail to manage all your email from one inbox
• Listen to music, subscribe and listen to podcasts, and watch video—including movies and TV shows
• Capture and edit photos and video
• Use your photos in slideshows, for wallpaper, and your contacts, or share them via email, iCloud, and texts; use PhotoStream to automatically save and share your photos
• Find, download, install, and use awesome iPod touch apps
• Take advantage of iCloud to keep your content and information in sync on all your devices
Brad Miser has written extensively about technology, with his favorite topics being the amazing “i” devices, especially the iPhone and iPod touch, that make it possible to take our lives with us while we are on the move. In addition toMy iPod touch , 4th Edition, Brad has written many other books, includingMy iPhone , 6th Edition; Sams Teach Yourself Mac OS X Lion; Sams Teach Yourself iTunes 10 in 10 Minutes ; and Sams Teach Yourself iCloud in 10 Minutes. He has also been an author, development editor, or technical editor for more than 50 other titles.
Brad is or has been a sales support specialist, the director of product and customer services, and the manager of education and support services for several software development companies. Previously, he was the lead proposal specialist for an aircraft engine manufacturer, a development editor for a computer book publisher, and a civilian aviation test officer/engineer for the U.S. Army. Brad holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo and has received advanced education in maintainability engineering, business, and other topics.
In addition to his passion for silicon-based technology, Brad likes to ride his steel-based technology, aka, a motorcycle, whenever and wherever possible. He is also active building and flying radio-controlled aircraft.
Originally from California, Brad now lives in Brownsburg, Indiana, with his wife Amy; their three daughters, Jill, Emily, and Grace; a rabbit; and a sometimes-inside cat.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details