Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket New York City is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Stand and applaud a razzle-dazzle Broadway show, take in the iconic skyline during a ferry ride toward Lady Liberty's beckoning torch, or stroll along Central Park's elm-lined walkways; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket New York City:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version), plus over 16 color neighborhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organized by neighborhoods to help you determine the best spots to spend your time
- Useful features - including Best with Kids, Walking Tours, and Don't Miss (quick glance at must-sees)
- Coverage of Lower Manhattan, SoHo, Chinatown, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea, Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District, Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Harlem, South Brooklyn and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket New York City is a handy guide that literally fits in your po...