Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots (Paperback)
Now that youve had your DSLR for a while, are you ready to take a much closer look at what creating a great image is all about? Its all about light! The ability to see, influence, modify, control, and create light will take your images from snapshot...
In Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, photographer and bestselling author Syl Arena begins with a primer on light itselfhow to see its direction, intensity, color, contrast, and hardnessand quickly moves on to discussions of shooting both indoors and outdoors in the many different conditions of natural or man-made light. Then the book digs in to begin creating light with photographic lights, whether thats small flash or big strobe, the pop-up flash on your DSLR or continuous lights.
Follow along with Syl and you will:
- Learn the basics (and beyond) of light modifiers that make light bigger and softer, such as umbrellas, softboxes, beauty dishes, and diffusion panels
- Understand how to control and shape the light itself with flags, grids, snoots, and the zoom function on your flash
- Appreciate the color temperature of light (whether thats the sun, a light bulb, or a flash), and how to influence it with white balance settings on your camera and colored gels on your flash
- Learn how to take great pictures across many different genres, from product and still life images, to simple (and not so simple) portraits and group shots
With Lighting for Digital Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots, youll learn not only how light behavesyoull learn all you need to know to get started on the journey of creating and controlling light in order to make great shots. And once youve got the shot, show it off! Join the books Flickr group, share your photos, and discuss how you get great shots at flickr.com/groups/lightingfromsnapshotstogreatshots.
|Genre||PHOTOGRAPHY / Techniques / Lighting|
|Publisher Date||2012-10-07 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.3 lb|
|Subtitle||From Snapshots to Great Shots|
|Series Name||From Snapshots to Great Shots|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.