I bought this cookbook as a gift for a relative who likes to make desserts to take to friends and family. I shopped various bookstores after another friend had recommended this book. When I found it on Overstock.com on-line at less than half the price in the store I bought two (one for myself). It's exactly the same as in the stores.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Same as in a bookstore at less than half the cost
This was a birthday for my friend. The illustrations and recipes are great. My only complaint was that it was sent media mail and took 15 days to get to me.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. pristine quality
This cookbook is well organized by region of Italy. The recipes are concise, and varied. The photos of the various dishes are beautiful, and the instructions overall are easy to understand and follow. The photographs are breathtaking. This cookbook also includes recipes for risotto, polenta, meat dishes, pastas, sauces, and even desserts! An excellent cookbook for those who love traditional Italian dishes. There is also a recipe finder by course at the back, and an index. Four thumbs up to Lidia! The grand lady of Italian Cooking!