J.K. Lasser Institute has been the premier publisher of consumer tax guides since 1939, when Jacob Kay Lasser first published Your Income Tax. Since then, the guide has been published continuously for over seventy years and read by over 39,000,000 people. The J.K. Lasser Institute also publishes several personal finance books, including Small Business Taxes, Home Owner's Tax Breaks, 1001 Deductions and Tax Breaks, Year-Round Tax Planning, and more. J.K. Lasser Institute spokespeople are regularly sought after as media tax experts. They regularly appear on such broadcast programs as CNBC, CNN, and Bloomberg TV. They are also often featured in numerous periodicals, including The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Self Magazine, The New York Times, Newsweek and Reader's Digest.
America's number one bestselling tax guide offers the best balance of thoroughness,organization, and usability
For over half a century, more than 39 million Americans have turned to J.K. Lasser foreasy-to-follow, expert advice and guidance on planning and filing their taxes. Written by ateam of tax specialists, J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2013 includes all theoutstanding features that have made this book the nation's all-time top-selling tax guide. Itcovers some of the most important topics associated with your taxes, from what must you reportas income and strategies that will save you on taxes to how much tax do you actually owe andwhat deductions can you claim.
As an added value, you can gain direct access to bonus materials through jklasser.com,including links to the latest tax forms from the IRS, up-to-the-minute tax law changes, smallbusiness help, and much more. Filled with in-depth insights and timely advice, this is theguide of choice for today's serious taxpayer.
- Contains over 2,500 easy-to-use tax planning tips and strategies and easy-to-understandcoverage of the year's tax law changes
- Packed with hundreds of updated examples, practical advice, and real-world examples
- Includes filing tips and instructions to help you prepare your 2012 return
- Comprised of a quick reference section that highlights what's new for 2012 as well as atopic index to help pinpoint the biggest money-saving deductions
- Offers instruction for customers who use software or CPAs to file their taxes
Filled with practical tax guidance you can't find anywhere else, J.K. Lasser's YourIncome Tax 2013 will help you plan and file your 2012 tax return in the most efficient waypossible.