This ground-breaking text has firmly established itself as a touchstone for all therapists using interpersonal psychotherapy (IPT). Thoroughly updated and revised with a wealth of new material and evidence, this book continues to be comprehensive manual for experienced therapists and those undergoing specific IPT training.
Key features and benefits:
* A wealth of clinically based descriptions and vignettes help bring the theory to life
* Numerous case studies highlight the key issues in IPT
* There are extensive reproducible diagrams and flowcharts for use by therapists and patients alike
* Comprehensive coverage of key theoretical issues and an up to date critical appraisal of IPT research
New for the second edition
* More information on the theory of IPT integrating current empirical literatures related to attachment, social theory, communication theory and social cognition
* A new chapter on common problems encountered
* New material on training and dissemination of IPT
* How to integrate techniques from other approaches and models
* More information on depression and how to manage joint sessions
With its clear concise text and numerous clinical cases, examples and vignettes, Interpersonal Psychotherapy: a clinician's guide is the international standard for the clinical trainee seeking an introduction to IPT as well as for instructors of psychiatry residents, psychology interns and graduate students, as well as social work students. It is an accessible reference for students of nursing, primary care practitioners and other mental health providers.
Scott Stuart MD Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Michael Robertson FRANZCP Director of the Mayo Wesley Centre for Mental Health, Taree, New South Wales, Australia
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.