How to Survive Anything, Anywhere: A Handbook of Survival Skills for Every Scenario and Environment (Paperback)
Get Out Alive!
How to Survive Anything, Anywhere is a complete handbook of the urban and wilderness survival skills practiced by elite U.S. and U.K. military units. Dr. Chris McNab has collected expertise from both sides of the Atlan...
Get Out Alive!
How to Survive Anything, Anywhere is a complete handbook of the urban and wilderness survival skills practiced by elite U.S. and U.K. military units. Dr. Chris McNab has collected expertise from both sides of the Atlantic, and reveals the fundamentals of survival for every environment, from the subzero arctic to the scorching desert—and for every scenario, from being lost in a trackless wilderness to being under attack in a city.
Each of more than 500 practical techniques is presented in easy-to-follow steps accompanied by 500 helpful illustrations that show you how to:
- Find your way in arctic, desert, jungle, or mountain terrain
- Identify edible plants
- Hunt, trap, and fish with jury-rigged tools
- Build fires and improvise cookware
- Locate underground water
- Construct shelters
- Perform first aid and use natural remedies for common diseases
- Stay safe in a car or on planes or trains, and know what to do in the event of an accident
- Keep your home safe—select security devices, construct a safe room, survive a house fire
- Defend yourself—know when to fight and learn realistic unarmed combat techniques
- Survive terrorist attacks—identify suspect packages, spot potential suicide bombers, take cover from explosions and gunfire
And, above all, how to think like a true survivor—even when things are at their worst.
Dr. Chris McNab is the author of Endurance Techniques (SAS Training Manual), Elite Forces Survival Guides, Living Off the Land, Martial Arts for Special Forces, and Urban Survival.
Dr. Chris McNab is the author of Endurance Techniques (SAS Training Manual);Elite Forces Survival Guides; How to Pass the SAS Selection Course;Martial Arts for Special Forces; and Urban Survival.
|Genre||SPORTS & RECREATION / Outdoor Skills|
|Publisher Date||2004-08-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Ragged Mountain Pr|
|Unit weight||1.9 lb|
|Subtitle||A Handbook of Survival Skills for Every Scenario and Environment|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
First-The actual construction of the book is solid. It is meant to be used and re-used. It truly is a reference book and is made to last. Next: Who would possibly be interested in this book? Well, Me. A 53 yr old mom, forced to move from country to city, and longing and waiting to move to country again. A 13 yr old boy moved from country to city 4 years ago. Any cub scout, boy scout, anyone interested in learning how to take care of themselves in interesting and sometimes unlikely situations. This stopped my child dead in his tracks in the midst of an unwrapping Christmas day frenzy. Silence reigned. He read.The child is not a reader. This is written at an adult level. Need I say more! Plus -quite entertaining. Funny, actually - but hey -you never know.Read More
Its what you would expect! Bought it for my husband he thinks it great!Read More
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.