This book could have been titled CHEESE MAKERS BIBLE, for that is an accurate description. I had ordered this book several years ago, and when our home burned to the ground 5Dec2010, it was lost. I was delighted to find OVERSTOCk had it and was able to replace it at 1/2 the price I'd paid for the original version!!! If you want to try cheese making, you SHOULD buy this book first.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? EXACT MATCH
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 1st class for new book
I read this book (including recipes) from cover to cover. I still plan on making my own cheese, however I haven't attempted it yet lol. It is quite intimidating. However, this book gives clear, easy-to-follow instructions and tips on making lots of different cheeses and is the best home cheese making book that I have come across so far.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
I have made simple cheeses for years, but this book is the best. Straight forward and not intimidating. I have used it and used it already, and sat and read nearly the whole book too. Ricki knows her stuff backwards and forwards. I will now confidently go beyond simple cheeses to my goal of making camembert. If you are a beginner or you are experienced, there will be something for you in the book. The 'stories' of others who have discovered home cheese making and are captivated are encouraging and a delight. Now I think I will bring goats, sheep and cows home. That would make the adventure complete.