Matthew Poole, a native Californian and San Francisco resident, has authored more than two dozen travel guides to California, Hawaii, and abroad, and is a regular contributor to radio and television travel programs. Before becoming a full-time travel writer and photographer, he worked as an English tutor in Prague, a ski instructor in the Swiss Alps, and a scuba instructor in Maui and Thailand. His other titles include Frommer's San Francisco, Frommer's California, Frommer's Irreverent Guide to San Francisco, and Frommer's San Francisco Free & Dirt Cheap. You can follow Matthew's weekly blog posts about travel adventures in California at LocalGetaways.com.
Map your own adventure. San Francisco Day by Day
is the perfect answer for travelers who want to know the best places to visit and the best way to see the city.
Packed with color photos, this bestselling guide offers dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of San Francisco in a short time--with bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, day trips and excursions, and practical visitor info, San Francisco Day by Day is the only guide that helps travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip. Inside this book you'll find:
- Full color throughout with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- Sample one- to three-day itineraries that include Romantic San Francisco; San Francisco Literati; Shop Til You Drop; Mission & the Castro; Bay, Beers & Bikes; plus side trips to Wine Country, Sausalito, Muir Woods and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions clue readers in on great finds and values
- Tear-resistant foldout map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
- Foldout front cover, with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference info