For the Life of Your Dog: A Complete Guide to Having a Dog in Your Life, from Adoption and Birth Through Sickness... (Paperback)
In his #1 New York Times bestselling autobiography Breaking the Surface, Greg Louganis included loving portrayals of his protectors and closest friends: his dogs. Now Greg, a breeder and trainer of Harlequin Great Danes, has teamed up wit...
Greg's distinctive philosophy and practical tips -- hich have produced his best-in-breed winners -- illuminate every page of this special volume that puts the dog's best interests first. Here are insights into choosing a dog, basic care, training, exercise, and nutrition -- and an overview of every stage of a dog's life. Passionate in his opinions and wonderfully effective, Greg includes:
- Cures for chewing, barking, biting, and other so-called behavior problems
- Answers to the great housetraining disputes -- including the pros and cons of crating
- Specific feeding programs for optimal nutrition -- and for combating the greatest health threat to your dog: obesity
- An exercise program for the canine athlete (and they're all athletes!)
- Training tips for obedience, showing, and search-and-rescue
- Preventive medicine, common illnesses from nose to tail, and age-related concerns
- Advice on breeding, whelping, adopting your second (third, fourth...) dog, and more!
For The Life of Your Dog is an inspiring and eye-opening reference. Delivered with Greg's delightful candor, his sound advice makes it a classic for new and long-time dog owners -- and anyone who has ever loved a dog.
|Genre||PETS / Dogs / General|
|Publisher Date||1999-10-01 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.0 lb|
|Subtitle||A Complete Guide to Having a Dog in Your Life, from Adoption and Birth Through Sickness and Health|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.