The most up-to-date and complete resource on the powerful benefits of micronutrients for cancer treatment and prevention
• Written by the nation’s leading expert on vitamins and cancer research
• Reveals how to maximize the benefits of your cancer treatment program while minimizing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation
• Shows how to counteract the carcinogenic effects of dental X-rays, CT scans, mammograms, cell phones, and other unavoidable hazards of modern life
• Provides an easy-to-follow program of nutritional supplements to improve your odds of avoiding and beating cancer
Despite extensive research and the development of new treatments and drugs, the U.S. mortality rate from cancer has not changed during the past several decades. Yet there are promising nutritional ways of avoiding and even beating cancer. In this completely revised and expanded edition, leading anticancer researcher Kedar N. Prasad and doctor K. Che Prasad reveal the latest revolutionary discoveries in the use of antioxidants and micro-nutrients to prevent and treat cancer--and also help with heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s.
Providing a simple nutritional program to follow, the authors show how micro-nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants can enhance the beneficial effects of conventional cancer treatments, decrease their toxic side effects, improve long-term prognosis, and reduce the risk of new cancer. Explaining how antioxidants regulate gene expression and cancer heredity, the authors detail how to counteract the risks of dental and medical X-rays, CT scans, mammograms, cell phones, frequent flying, and other unavoidable hazards of modern life; reduce the oxidative stress of free radicals in the blood; and decrease chronic inflammation. Reviewing recent studies, they deflate the controversies surrounding the use of antioxidants in cancer treatment, re...
Kedar N. Prasad, Ph.D., is the chief scientific officer of the Premier Micronutrient Corporation, the former director of the Center for Vitamins and Cancer Research at the University of Colorado School of Medicine, and the former president of the International Society of Nutrition and Cancer. His son, K. Che Prasad, M.S., M.D., is director of microbiology and codirector of cytology at Marin Medical Laboratories. Both authors live in the San Francisco Bay area.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.