The only book on tax deductions specifically for residential landlords!
Named a "Top 10 Real Estate Book" by Robert Bruss, syndicated real estate columnist
If you own rental property, you should be taking advantage of the many tax write-offs available. Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide gives residential landlords the plain-English guide they need to save money on taxes -- without the services of a pricey accounting firm.
This book explains how to maximize your deductions without drawing the ire of the IRS. Find out how to:
- fill out IRS Schedule E
- take real estate tax credits
- figure out if an expense is a repair (deductible) or an improvement (depreciable)
- maximize your depreciation deductions
- deduct losses arising from real estate ownership
- keep proper tax records
- deduct home office, travel, and casualty losses
Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide is comprehensive yet easy to read and provides interesting real-world examples. This edition is completely updated for 2013 returns and reflects the latest tax information and numbers.
Stephen Fishman is the author of many Nolo books, most recently Tax Deductions for Professionals. Other titles include Deduct It! Lower Your Small Business Taxes, Every Landlord's Tax Deduction Guide and Home Business Tax Deductions: Keep What You Earn—plus many other legal and business books. He received his law degree from the University of Southern California and after time in government and private practice, became a full-time legal writer.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.