A long-awaited update of the classic equine massage reference
Fully revised and updated, this new edition provides step-by-step instructions and more than 180 photographs and diagrams to help riders and professionals alike master equine massage techniques. This authoritative guide provides detailed information about massage movements, pressures, rhythms, and sequences. It includes:
* An introduction to equine anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
* Practical information on stretching and hydrotherapy
* Four new chapters covering equine myofascial massage, Equine TMJ (temporomandibular joint) Dysfunction Syndrome, Equine Muscular Compensation Phenomenon, and saddle fitting
* A conformation check-up routine
* Information about areas of stress specific to each discipline and different massage techniques and routines for different situations
* A handy comb-bound format that lays flat for convenient use in the stable
Equine massage enhances the performance and quality of life of horses by increasing flexibility, reducing stiffness, improving attitude, and shortening recovery time from injury. In addition to its many health benefits, equine massage strengthens the bond between the horse and his owner, trainer, or groom. Using these techniques, you'll learn to "see" with your hands and sense areas that need special attention. Equine Massage, Second Edition is truly a hands-on guide to proven massage techniques that improve a horse's well-being.
JEAN-PIERRE HOURDEBAIGT, a Licensed Massage Therapist, is internationally renowned for his unique Massage Awareness Method. He travels the world teaching his techniques, which are used by competitive and recreational riders, veterinarians and veterinary technicians, physiotherapists, massage therapists, farriers, trainers, and breeders. He can be found at www.massageawareness.com.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.