The Drug Information Handbook for Dentistry, 19th Edition, is designed for all dental professionals seeking clinically relevant information on medications, OTCs and herbal products. It is the #1 dental reference guide with 500,000 copies sold.
BenefitsThis easy-to-use reference features information presented in a wider, two-column format, with medications alphabetically indexed by brand and generic names as well as index terms. Within individual drug monographs, dental-specific fields are highlighted in red, a timesaving feature within an information-rich resource. Special sections dedicated to medically compromised patients, specific oral conditions and sample prescriptions complement the drug content and help support improved patient care.
Updates to this Edition
• 52 New Drug Monographs
• Updated Oral Medicine Topics:
o Antibiotic Prophylaxis
o Antiplatelet and Anticoagulation Considerations in Dentistry
o HIV Infection and AIDS
o Dentin Hypersensitivity, Acid Erosion, High Caries Index, and Xerostomia
• Updated Sample Prescriptions:
o Prosthetic Joint Late Infection (Prevention)
o Oral Pain
o Antimicrobial Oral Rinse
• Updated Appendix Information:
o Dentifrices: No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
o Dentifrices with Antigingivitis Agents
o Most Prescribed Drugs in 2011
o Remineralization and Desensitization
• 1717 drug monographs
• Up to 41 fields of information per monograph
• 200 natural products - adapted from Facts & Comparisons® The Review of Natural Products
• 104 sample prescriptions
• Over 150 pages of Special Topics and Appendix information
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.