The Drug Information Handbook for Dentistry, 19th Edition, is designed for all dental professionals seeking clinically relevant information on medications, OTCs and herbal products. It is the #1 dental reference guide with 500,000 copies sold.
BenefitsThis easy-to-use reference features information presented in a wider, two-column format, with medications alphabetically indexed by brand and generic names as well as index terms. Within individual drug monographs, dental-specific fields are highlighted in red, a timesaving feature within an information-rich resource. Special sections dedicated to medically compromised patients, specific oral conditions and sample prescriptions complement the drug content and help support improved patient care.
Updates to this Edition
• 52 New Drug Monographs
• Updated Oral Medicine Topics:
o Antibiotic Prophylaxis
o Antiplatelet and Anticoagulation Considerations in Dentistry
o HIV Infection and AIDS
o Dentin Hypersensitivity, Acid Erosion, High Caries Index, and Xerostomia
• Updated Sample Prescriptions:
o Prosthetic Joint Late Infection (Prevention)
o Oral Pain
o Antimicrobial Oral Rinse
• Updated Appendix Information:
o Dentifrices: No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS)
o Dentifrices with Antigingivitis Agents
o Most Prescribed Drugs in 2011
o Remineralization and Desensitization
• 1717 drug monographs
• Up to 41 fields of information per monograph
• 200 natural products - adapted from Facts & Comparisons® The Review of Natural Products
• 104 sample prescriptions
• Over 150 pages of Special Topics and Appendix information
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.