This impolite, aromatic, and incredibly erudite flatulence compendium will astound you with:
• The recent discovery of the world’s oldest joke, a proverb from the Babylonian period, that turned out to be—that’s right, folks—a fart joke.
• A new reading of Emily Dickinson’s poetry that “reveals” the true meaning behind “They Have a Little Odor.”
• A harrowing account of Apollo astronauts getting inner-space gas from hydrogen bubbles in their drinking water on their way to the moon.
• The other Tiger Woods scandal—this one involving a mysterious cheek-squeek recorded while Tiger sized up an approach shot at the 2009 PGA Buick Open.
• A scientist who built the world’s biggest whoopee cushion and lived to tell about it.
• A fart that brought down an American Airliner in 2006 . . .
. . . and many more wacky but true tales from the fart historian who brought you the best-selling Who Cut the Cheese? and its combustible sequel, Blame It on the Dog. This incomparable collection covering every facet of flatulence will have you feeling like a real fart smeller—er, smart feller. You’ll experience first-hand the Jungian implications of farting, the environmental import of “flatulence cards” in the carbon-offset market, and the brutally honest social commentary of a man whose office chair broadcasts his farts on Twitter. After reading this book you’ll proudly proclaim, “I fart, therefore I am.”
Jim Dawson is a perfect example of what happens when you try to teach a West Virginia hillbilly how to read ’n’ write and buy him a pair of shoes. He’s a former editor of Hustler magazine and the author of a dozen books on everything from early rock ’n’ roll to a history of the “mother” of all dirty words. He has also written liner notes for more than one hundred blues albums. Dawson lives in Hollywood, California.
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.