Cockatiels for Dummies (Paperback)
Natural-born charmers, cockatiels are small colorful parrots native to the Australian desert. When raised by people, they’re usually calm and cuddly and have an inquisitive, adventurous disposition. Cockatiels are just large enough to be handled easily...
ITEM#: 2680436Natural-born charmers, cockatiels are small colorful parrots native to the Australian desert. When raised by people, they’re usually calm and cuddly and have an inquisitive, adventurous disposition. Cockatiels are just large enough to be handled easily, but they’re not so big that they require a great deal of space in your home. And while the cockatiel’s gentle nature and captivating personality encourage you to form close and lasting relationships with them, taking one into your life brings with it a host of specific requirements and responsibilities that you really need to be aware of before you take the leap into being a cockatiel owner.
Written by a leading national expert on companion birds and a lifelong cockatiel owner and breeder, Cockatiels For Dummies is your total guide to adopting, caring for, and forming a loving relationship with one or more of these diminutive parrots. It gets you up to speed on how to:
- Decide if a cockatiel is right for you and your family
- Select a healthy cockatiel
- Provide a suitable indoor environment
- Supply a satisfying and nutritious diet for your pet
- Train your cockatiel
- Communicate with your bird through body language
- Interpret your bird’s moods
- Breed cockatiels for fun and profit
Author Diane Grindol provides loads of sensible, easy-to-follow advice along with fun facts, trivia, amusing and informative anecdotes, and tips on how to have a great time with your feathered friend. Among other important topics, she fills you in on what you need to know about:
- The pros and cons of pet stores versus breeders when choosing a cockatiel
- Assessing a bird’s health and disposition and getting a health guarantee
- Feeding, grooming, caring for, and socializing your pet
- Exercising your cockatiel
- Training your bird to be a great companion
- Keeping your little pal happy and healthy for life
A fun guide for you and your cockatiel, Cockatiels For Dummies is the only ...
|Genre||PETS / Birds|
|Publisher Date||2001-06-29 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||0.9 lb|
|Series Name||For Dummies Series|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.