This book is an excellent "add-in" to a more comprehensive study of Chinese. It includes many useful phrases and examples. The main problem is that, even though a CD is included, only a very small portion of the text is actually recorded. In learning Chinese, pronunciation is everything, so I would have liked more of the dialogues to have been recorded. However, for the money it's a great book to have in your "Learning Chinese" library....
Chinese For Dummies
China has become a major influence in the world today. Not only is China full of opportunities in business and politics, but Chinese culture, such as movies and literature, are also making their way into the western world. And with Chinese as the secon...
Many Americans are taking time to learn Chinese, especially since it is becoming one of the most widely used languages in the world. Currently, there are:
- Over 1 billion people speak some form of Chinese
- More Chinese speakers in the United States than French or German speakers
- 102.6 million internet users who obtain access using Chinese
- At least 25 million people worldwide who are learning Chinese
Chinese For Dummies will show you how to communicate effectively in Chinese as well as inform you on Chinese culture. Some of the topics this book covers include:
- Basic vocabulary
- Everyday conversations, including phone dialogue and small talk
- Speaking in perfect pitch and tone
- Easy-to-understand grammar rules
- Getting around in a Chinese-speaking country
- Cultural references like maintaining face, dining etiquette, and social mores
Also included is an audio CD that features actual Chinese conversations by native Chinese speakers, which allows you to hear how Chinese is really spoken. Written by a leading Chinese language teacher in the United States, Chinese for Dummies will introduce an often daunting language to you in a fun-and-easy For Dummies manner.
|Genre||FOREIGN LANGUAGE STUDY / Chinese|
|Publisher Date||2005-10-14 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.28 lb|
|Series Name||For Dummies|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
This book is an excellent "add-in" to a more comprehensive study of Chinese. It includes many useful phrases and examples. The main problem is that, even though a CD is included, only a very small portion of the text is actually recorded. In learning Chinese, pronunciation is everything, so I would have liked more of the dialogues to have been recorded. However, for the money it's a great book to have in your "Learning Chinese" library.Read More
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.