Child Abduction and Kidnapping (Hardcover)
The U.S. Department of Justice reports that more than 250,000 children are abducted each year, with the majority taken by a family member or someone they know. Others are non-family abductions, in which a child is taken for motives ranging from ransom ...
ITEM#: 11089664The U.S. Department of Justice reports that more than 250,000 children are abducted each year, with the majority taken by a family member or someone they know. Others are non-family abductions, in which a child is taken for motives ranging from ransom to stealing a child to start a family. Child Abduction and Kidnapping explains the types of kidnappings, details government and law enforcement efforts to prevent and solve them, and explores the many practices and programs, such as the AMBER Alert, now in place to help protect children.
- The AMBER Alert: Communities on the Case
- Family Abduction: Surprising Suspects
- Infant Abduction: The Youngest Victims
- The Internet: Protection through Privacy
- Supportive Organizations: Experts on Call.
- Amber Hagerman
- Megan Kanka
- Charles Lindbergh Jr.
- Etan Patz
- Charles and Walter Ross
- Elizabeth Smart
- Laura Smither
- Adam Walsh
- Kacie Woody.
|Genre||JUVENILE NONFICTION / Law & Crime|
|Publisher Date||2008-07-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Chelsea House Pub|
|Unit weight||0.94 lb|
|Series Name||Criminal Investigations|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.