Very informative book about Eames and his wife and their business. I love mid century modern furniture and this book has a lot of history....
Charles & Ray Eames - 1907-78, 1912-88: Pioneers of Mid-century Modernism (Hardcover)
Peter Gossel runs an agency for museum and exhibition design. For TASCHEN he published monographs on Julius Shulman, R.M. Schindler, John Lautner and Richard Neutra as well as several titles in the Basic Architecture Series.
Gloria Koenig is an architectural historian and author. She has published and lectured widely on a variety of topics in contemporary architecture, and served as consultant with filmmakers on a documentary about her late husband, modernist architect Pierre Koenig.
... everything hangs on something else.
Nothing says modernist perfection like an Eames design. Though they are best known to the general public for their furniture, the husband and wife duo of Charles and Ray Eames (190778 and 191288, respectively) were also forerunners in the fields of architecture, industrial design, photography, and film. This book covers all the aspects of their illustrious career, from the earliest furniture experiments and molded plywood designs to the Case Study Houses to their work for Herman Miller and films such as the seminal short, Powers of Ten.
Each book in TASCHENs Basic Architecture Series features:
- an introduction to the life and work of the architect
- the major works in chronological order
- information about the clients, architectural preconditions as well as construction problems and resolutions
- a list of all the selected works and a map indicating the locations of the best and most famous buildings
- approximately 120 illustrations (photographs, sketches, drafts and plans)
|Genre||ARCHITECTURE / Individual Architects & Firms / Monographs|
|Publisher Date||2013-06-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Taschen America Llc|
|Unit weight||2.06 lb|
|Subtitle||Pioneers of Mid-century Modernism|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.