SINNER. SAINT. OUTLAW. REBEL. VOICE OF PROTEST. MAN OF FAITH.
Johnny Cash is a giant of American music. Since its inception in the late 1960s, Rolling Stone has followed Cash’s career, writing about him in settings that ranged from the San Quentin prison to a glitzy Vegas hotel. In a testament to his life, the editors of Rolling Stone magazine have compiled Cash, a stunning tribute to a man whose legacy is exceeded only by his legend.
Bringing together personal recollections from those who knew him best and insights of some of America’s finest music journalists, Cash features:
• A moving foreword by daughter Rosanne, revealing a loving and devoted dad who taught his kids to water-ski and dished out homemade ice cream for them on summer evenings.
• Valentines to his daughters from the road and many never-before-published photographs from the Cash family archive.
• A visit with Johnny and June’s only son, John Carter Cash, which offers an intimate look at his parents’ drive to create new music until the very end of their lives.
• “The Man in Black,” a lengthy and thoughtful examination of the full scope of Cash’s life and work, by Mikal Gilmore.
• An exhaustive annotated discography compiled by Greg Kot, highlighting both the classics and the hidden treasures among the hundreds of albums Cash recorded.
• Personal tributes from a wide array of friends and admirers, including Bob Dylan, Bono, Merle Haggard, Al Gore, Emmylou Harris, Tom Petty, Sheryl Crow, and Steve Earle.
Through the years, Rolling Stone has treated Cash not just as a country music star but as a rock-and-roll icon whose drug-fueled antics, black clothes, and rebel stance have made him a hero to generation after generation of rock fans. But more than the Man in Black image, it is the substance of Cash’s work that has made him one of the greatest musical figures of the past fifty years—the resonance of his deep v...
This date is subject to change. In order to assure you receive Overstock.com's low price on this item, your credit card will be charged upon order placement. The item will ship immediately upon release.
This product has not been released by the Publisher. Preorder today, and we will ship it to you upon its release. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.