Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy
The only book to cover physical therapy for dogs, Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy, 2nd Edition provides an understanding of physical therapy techniques and intervention for dogs suffering from debilitating conditions. The book incl...
The only book to cover physical therapy for dogs, Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy, 2nd Edition provides an understanding of physical therapy techniques and intervention for dogs suffering from debilitating conditions. The book includes four new chapters, hundreds of illustrations that highlight key concepts and procedures, and case studies and specific therapies that can be used as guidelines for the management of clinical patients. Author Darryl Millis offers the perspective of a veterinarian skilled in orthopedics and orthopedic surgery, and co-author David Levine is a respected physical therapist with experience working with both dogs and human patients. By applying the principles of physical therapy described in this unique book, and by viewing therapy and exercise videos on a companion website, you can help dogs achieve a faster and more complete recovery.
- Detailed drawings of comparative anatomy between dogs and people make it easier to apply your knowledge of human anatomy to the anatomy of the dog.
- Coverage of therapeutic modalities describes their application to dogs and how to adapt common "human" modalities for dogs.
- Several chapters on exercising dogs cover the basic principles of exercise and how they may be applied to dogs, and how to adapt common "human" exercises for dogs.
- Unique coverage of physical therapy for specific diagnoses describes treatment for a variety of conditions.
- A chapter on physical examination covers everything from general orthopedic assessment to surgery.
- Invaluable specific protocols for postoperative treatment help to ensure the successful healing of dogs and their return to full mobility.
- Sample protocols provide a useful reference for common conditions in patients not experiencing complications.
- Medical record forms are included, and are easy to modify to meet the needs of your veterinary practice.
- New chapters keep you up to date with coverage of joint mobilization, rehabilitation of the athletic patient, biomechanics of rehabilitation, and physical therapy for wound care.
- A companion website includes 40 narrated video clips of various modalities and exercises used to correct problems with lameness, hip disorders, and gait analysis, plus downloadable and printable orthopedic, neurologic, and physical rehabilitation forms, in addition to a client information worksheet, referral form and letter, and a daily flowsheet form.
|Genre||MEDICAL / Veterinary Medicine / Small Animal|
|Publisher Date||2013-10-25 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||W B Saunders Co|
|Unit weight||4.8 lb|
|Audience||Professional and scholarly|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.