Annie Dam was born in Saigon and grew up in Canada. She currently owns and operates a cake boutique in Edmonton, Alberta. Annie has written about cake decoration for a range of publications and has had her wedding cakes and cupcakes featured in blogs and magazines around the world.
A how-to guide to elegant sugar techniques, with 16 original projects.
There seems to be no end to the popularity of fancy cakes. Cake Couture is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide that will transform any baking beginner into a confectionery expert. Professional bakers will love the book's innovative designs and handy tips and tricks.
The book includes straightforward instruction and advice on:
- Ingredients and tools
- Baking, building and structure, decorating
- Transporting, displaying and storing
- The best cake, icing and fondant recipes.
A practical directory of elegant decorative techniques includes designs for any occasion, including:
- Chic birthday cakes, such as a laptop, city skyline, and designer shoe
- Cupcakes and mini cakes, such as a Sex and the City cupcake and gift bag mini cakes
- Special occasion cakes, such as a giant diamond ring and a Valentine's Day heart
- Modern wedding cakes, such as a chandelier cake and a macaroon wedding cake.
Cake Couture is the ideal resource for novice, experienced and professional bakers looking for practical instructions and fabulously chic ideas.