I recommend this book to everyone. I go to a Pia Mellody trained therapist. I have attended several boundary workshops so I found this boundary book for myself and my family. This book is truly a life and money saver. It helps the reader understand when to say "yes" and when to say "no". Our "yes" and ¡°no¡± should come from the heart with no resentment or guilt attached. It helps the reader to understand that when we interfere with the "w of sowing and reaping" we hinder our loved ones growth. Setting boundaries with loved ones is very difficult and this book helps tremendously..t
This book is a must read for every human on the planet.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? yes
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
a must read if you prefer taking care of yourself and leading a less confusing life.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
I am satisfied with my order. I thought I was ordering the newer version of the book since that's what the description showed. I received the older version, but I'm still satisfied with my order.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? It was the same.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great condition
Everyone needs to read Boundaries. It helps us understand how to work with others and ourselves. We can learn how to make priorities in our lives. It is a book to read over again as we mature.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. new
This book is a profoundly life-changing one. It is based on my Biblical Christian belief system, but I believe anyone would benefit greatly by these practical, easy to understand and read, life principles. A friend went to the store to get it upon my recommendation and read 19 pages before she left the parking lot! We are both rereading it right now.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? NOT THE SAME! I combed the internet for the same edition I had to buy for a friend. However, when I saw her book, it is not the image displayed here and is then not the same edition. If I had wanted the edition sent to her, I could have ordered that from the first site I went to!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Again, it was for a different edition of the book than the one that was shipped.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent (I guess - same issue - wrong edition of the book)
I first heard about this book on the Delilah radio show and took her advice in reading the book. Oh My Gosh! I understand more as to why I¿m having such a difficult time in life. And most of it started in childhood. The authors are able to bring clarity and simplicity to a complicate subject. I am now able to move into the direction of finding a solution to my frictions in life and not allow myself to get catch up in them. If you want to learn to love yourself more, I highly recommend this book. I am so impressed that I'm buying a book for a dear friend.
I bought this book because it was highly recommended to me in a bible study class as a "must read" for parents. I guess I have pretty good boundaries because I found the information personally useless. I could see where it might be good for a few friends of mine. It was quite a bore to read, for me. If you are the type of person who can't say "No" to anyone and you tend to over-commit yourself, this might be useful, but for me, I'll probably sell it on an auction website! Have a great day!
This book is a must read. I wish I had heard about it and read it years ago - it would have saved me years of allowing people to take advantage of my time, emotions, energy - well, everything! I feel so strongly about this book that I bought copies of it for friends who were in the same situation as I was. If you've ever wondered why it seems like your life is always in a state of chaos, why it seems that you are always picking up the pieces of someone else's life, why it seems like you do all the work and someone else gets all the credit then you must read this book. It has helped me take back control of my finances, my time, my emotions, and my work . It not only helps you take control of your present and future, it helps you learn to let go of your past - disappointments, hurts, scars, all of it - and move on.
After reading the other reviews, I purchased the set; Boundaries and Boundaries Workbook. I quickly discovered that it would be nearly impossible to use the Boundaries Workbook without the Boundaries book. Although I am not a religious person and there are references on most pages to scriptures from the bible, I found the Boundaries book to be a "can't put it down" read. I marked page after page to go back and read again. In addition to learning how to develop and use healthy boundaries at home, work and with my children, it makes me want to reconnect with God. While I am very happy with the Boundaries book, I wasn't real impressed with the Boundaries Workbook. The references to pages in the Boundaries book are confusing and at times do not appear to be the correct page numbers. Also, in the Boundaries Workbook, they refer to specific bible scriptures and then "quiz" you on what they mean. If you can only buy one book, buy the Boundaries book instead of the Boundaries Workbook. They sell a miniature version of the Boundaries book that is not clearly marked as miniature so be careful when purchasing. The Boundaries book is the one with the pencil on the cover and the Boundaries Workbook is the one with the rock wall on the cover. I didn't think the two were clearly differentiated in the photos.
Why didn't I buy this book a long time ago? It's changing my life. I heard about this book on Dave Ramsey's show, so I totally give him credit for bringing this book and subject to my attention. I want to buy "Boundaries" for everyone I know!