I have a couple of relatives that like both baking and, well...cocktails. When these popped up while browsing for Christmas gifts on Overstock, I ordered two. They were huge hits! I sat with one and started reading from the beginning and laughed out loud. It's very well written, fun and informative, organized, easy to follow, and great pictures. Since I can't comment on the outcome of any recipes until the gift receivers start baking, I've decided to order one for myself.
This book has a lot of great recipes. I've made the pink champagne cake and everyone raved.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? exact
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. superb
Can't wait to try these recipes...hope they will taste as good as they look! I have,for so long, been looking for those classic booze cake recipes on line to no avail...this book has some of them with an array of fun new additions....wine tasting cakes...top shelf margherita cake and list goes on.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
I bought several of these for the gals at work that bake. They absolutely loved the book. I will probably buy more and give as gifts. Yes, I saved one for myself.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice book, would have liked it in hardcover
This cookbook goes beyond your typical wine and beer recipes. It has some great recipes that I would have never thought to have tried and uses a variety of alcohols through out the book. The food isn't overpowered or tasting of straight alcohol, it is still delicious and definitely worth a try.