You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who’ve come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-......more
You are having a baby! Congratulations! Now, the reality hits you—what the heck am I doing? What if you could bottle the wisdom of all those parents who’ve come before you . . . and mix it with the solid medical advice from an nationally-renowned pediatrician? Baby 411 is the answer! Think of it as the ultimate FAQ for new parents. Inside you’ll learn:
• How to pick a pediatrician with savvy questions to ask and insider tips.
• Sleep. The best way to get your baby to sleep through the night.
• First aid—when to worry, when not . . . and what to do when baby gets sick. No-nonsense, down-to-earth advice you can trust.
• Fussy baby 411. Is it colic? Acid reflux? Or something else? Discover the secrets to soothing a fussy baby.
• Detailed nutrition info with a step-by-step guide for successful breastfeeding, introducing solid food and the ‘‘new and improved’’ formulas. Plus: simple steps to avoid food allergies!
• Is my baby normal? Learn how your baby will grow and develop!
New in this revised 5th edition:
• Does your baby need extra vitamins? We'll give the low-down on the new Vitamin D recommendations and more
• Sleep safety: what you need to know about the drop-side crib ban, sleep positioners, crib bumpers and more
• Does formula lead to obesity? We'll look at the latest research
• The vaccine-autism hoax: what you need to know about this controversy
• How to protect your baby from whooping cough
All that and more in the new, updated and revised BABY 411!
Ari Brown, M.D., FAAP, is a trusted source for children’s healthcare information, serving as a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics and a medical advisor to Parents Magazine. She is a regularly featured parenting expert on the Rachael Ray Show. She has also appeared on NBC’s Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, in the New York Times and Time Magazine. She has been in private practice since 1995.
Dr. Brown promotes child advocacy on the legislative committee for the Texas Pediatric Society, the communications council for the American Academy of Pediatrics, and advisor to the Texas Medical Association’s Be-Wise Immunize program. She was awarded Outstanding Young Professional by her university’s alumni association and the prestigious Profiles in Power Award by the Austin Business Journal for her service to the community. Dr. Brown was also voted Austin’s Favorite Pediatrician in 2004.
Denise Fields is a consumer advocate who, along with her husband Alan, has made a career out of chronicling life’s milestones. Her previous best-selling books have included a money-saving guide to weddings (BRIDAL BARGAINS, 700,000 copies sold) and baby gear (BABY BARGAINS, 850,000 copies sold).
Fields has been a frequent guest on NBC's Today Show and Oprah. Fields has also been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and featured in People Magazine.
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.