Applied Regression Analysis and Generalized Linear Models (Hardcover)
Combining a modern, data-analytic perspective with a focus on applications in the social sciences, theSecond Edition of Applied Regression Analysis and Generalized Linear Models provides in-depth coverage of regression analysis, ge...
Combining a modern, data-analytic perspective with a focus on applications in the social sciences, theSecond Edition of Applied Regression Analysis and Generalized Linear Models provides in-depth coverage of regression analysis, generalized linear models, and closely related methods. Although the text is largely accessible to readers with a modest background in statistics and mathematics, author John Fox also presents more advanced material throughout the book.
Key Updates to the Second Edition:
- Provides greatly enhanced coverage of generalized linear models, with an emphasis on models for categorical and count data
- Offers new chapters on missing data in regression models and on methods of model selection
- Includes expanded treatment of robust regression, time-series regression, nonlinear regression, and nonparametric regression
- Incorporates new examples using larger data sets
- Includes an extensive Web site at http://www.sagepub.com/fox that presents appendixes, data sets used in the book and for data-analytic exercises, and the data-analytic exercises themselves
This core text will be a valuable resource for graduate students and researchers in the social sciences (particularly sociology, political science, and psychology) and other disciplines that employ linear and related models for data analysis.
|Genre||SOCIAL SCIENCE / Statistics|
|Publisher Date||2008-04-16 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||2.96 lb|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.