Anticancer: A New Way of Life (Hardcover)
Anticancer has been a bestselling phenomenon since Viking first published it in fall 2008. Now, a new edition addresses current de...
Anticancer has been a bestselling phenomenon since Viking first published it in fall 2008. Now, a new edition addresses current developments in cancer research and offers more tips on how people living with cancer can fight it and how healthy people can prevent it. The new edition of Anticancer includes:
• The latest research on anticancer foods, including new alternatives to sugar and cautions about some that are now on the market
• New information about how vitamin D strengthens the immune system
• Warnings about common food contaminants that have recently been proven to contribute to cancer progression
• A new chapter on mind-body approaches to stress reduction, with recent studies that show how our reactions to stress can interfere with natural defenses and how friendships can support healing in ways never before understood
• A groundbreaking study showing that lifestyle modification, as originally proposed in Anticancer, reduces mortality for breast cancer by an astounding 68 percent after completion of treatment
• New supporting evidence for the entire Anticancer program
David Servan-Schreiber, M.D., Ph.D, is a clinical professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and cofounder of the Centre for Integrative Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Centre. He's lectured at leading international academic centres, including Stanford, Columbia, Cornell and Cambridge Universities. His first book The Instinct to Heal was an international bestseller and France's bestselling non-fiction book of the year in 2004, selling over 600,000 copies in the trade edition alone. His latest book is Anticancer (2008).
|Genre||HEALTH & FITNESS / Diseases / Cancer|
|Publisher Date||2009-12-31 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.25 lb|
|Subtitle||A New Way of Life|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Recent
I started to read this book and was quite impressed. Then I found out the author had passed away. That sadden me and I have not finished the bookRead More
This book really digs deep and give you a very good understanding of ways you arm your body with anti cancer foods that will keep cancer at bay.Read More
ON A SCALE OF 1-10 THIS IS AN 11 I HAVE READ MANY BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT AND THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY BEST A MUST READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO AVOID CANCER OR FIGHT IT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ITRead More
I loved this book. It was eye-opening how our daily choices affect our chances of cancer. I enjoyed the scientific studies discussed in the book. I have made some changes in my home after reading this like getting rid of my plastic cups and Tupperware, now we use glassware. Everyone should read this!Read More
Excellent, informative book. Well worth reading and keeping for a reference.Read More
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.