A Nation of Wusses: How America's Leaders Lost the Guts to Make Us Great (Hardcover)
Rendell has seen job security become the primary consideration of any person with power in Americ...
ED RENDELL served two terms as Governor of Pennsylvania (20022010) and headed the Democratic National Committee in 2000. Now a partner at Ballard Spahr LLP, and a senior political analyst for MSNBC, he also teaches at the University of Pennsylvania and is a regular on SportsNet's post-game live show for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Rendell has seen job security become the primary consideration of any person with power in Americatheir own job security! Most politicians and bureaucrats can see no further ahead than the next election, sometimes no further than the next press conference. Americans are rarely afraid of sacrifice and hard work when they mean building a better future, but when was the last time you heard of a leader of anything making a sacrifice for the greater good? The people can only win when they make it clear to the powers that be that making the right choices, even the hard ones, is the key to winning the next election.
- Explains in rollicking stories ranging from the profane to the profound that most hard choices are only ""hard"" because the polls conflict with your principles
- Ed Rendell rose to the top of Philadelphia, then Pennsylvania, then national politics, by doing what he thought was right, and there were plenty of times that looked like it would be his downfall as well
- This book revisits the high points of Ed Rendell's career and current landscape to define the political fights his peers seem just as afraid of winning as losing
- Rendell is a former head of the Democratic National Committee, a current MSNBC Senior Political Analyst, and a Partner at Ballard Spahr LLP
|Genre||POLITICAL SCIENCE / Political Process / Leadership|
|Publisher Date||2012-06-05 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Turner Pub Co|
|Unit weight||1.02 lb|
|Subtitle||How America's Leaders Lost the Guts to Make Us Great|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.