Liz Vaccariello is the editor-in-chief and chief content officer of Readers Digest, one of the worlds largest media brands, with 26 million readers. A journalist with 20+ years experience in health and nutrition, shes also the coauthor of the New York Times bestsellers Flat Belly Diet!, The 400-Calorie Fix, and The Digest Diet. Vaccariello regularly appears on national programs such as Good Morning America and The Doctors, and has been featured on The Biggest Loser, Today, Rachel Ray, and The View. Previously, Liz was the editor-in-chief of Prevention. She lives in New Jersey with her husband and twin daughters. Her blog, Losing it with Liz, lives on rd.com. She has over 3,000 followers on Twitter (@LizVacc).
Kate Scarlata, RD, LDN is a registered and licensed dietitian with over 25 years of experience in the nutrition and wellness field, specializing in digestive disorders. Kate completed her postgraduate training at Brigham and Womens Hospital, a Harvard Medical School teaching affiliate. The author of The Complete Idiots Guide to Eating Well with IBS, she has been interviewed in many national publications, including Ladies Home Journal and Fitness magazine. She lives and practices in Medway, Massachusetts.
Based on the latest science, the 21-Day Tummy diet targets excess weight and belly fat while addressing the most common digestive disorders.
We love to eat but that doesnt mean our stomachs always enjoy digesting what we put in them. Add to this the fact that our nation is heavier than its ever been, and its clear that our tummies dont just need to function better, they need to be smaller. In general, smaller stomachs digest food more effectively, and thats why dropping the pounds isnt just a matter of vanity but of health.
Featuring carb-light, anti-inflammatory foods, the 21-Day Tummy
eating plan slashes inches from your belly (up to 4 ½ inches!) while banishing gas and bloating, heartburn and acid relux, constipation, diarrhea, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
In addition, 21-Day Tummy
- 50 scrumptious recipes such as Tomato-Ginger Flank Steak and Almost Pumpkin Mini Pies.
- a Digestion Quiz to help you measure your overall digestive health
- tips on how to combat the Four Ss?Supersizing, Sitting, Stress, and Sleep Deprivation.
- inspirational stories and advice from our successful test panelists. Our top tester dropped 19 pounds in 21 days and completely stopped taking medications for acid reflux.
- an optional equipment-free workout plan that helps to both sculpt and soothe your belly with a mix of core strengthening, walking, and yoga.
- guidelines on how to incorporate potentially problematic foods back into your life so you are never deprived of your favorite foods.
is a fun, easy guide to healthy eating that will have a smaller, healthier you feeling better than, well, possibly ever!