I'd always heard about this book but disregarded the reviews as overly possitive. As I read it I realized that the book has a direct and accurate view of the way governments work today. It should be a book on anyone's reading list.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Correct.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was fine.
This book is a must-read for every man, woman, and child, especially in today's political environment.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. A+
Practically everyone in today's world has heard a phrase that originated with this novel: Big Brother is Watching. It is a real shame that while so many have heard that phrase, so very few have actually read the book.Read the novel, and while reading, keep in mind the events, policies and practices of the State in real life, here right now.When he wrote this book, Orwell imagined a horrendous future in which a totalitarian government constantly monitored the movements and communications of its citizens. He imagined a future in which it would be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish news from propaganda and governmental truth from governmental lies. He postulated a future in which history was re-written to suit the current needs of the State. He foretold of a time when cameras were omnipresent, and privacy was utterly a thing of the past.I challenge anyone to read this book and not come away shocked at how close we are to living.... in 1984.