Sunil Vijayakar is a cookbook author and food stylist based in London, UK specializing in food preparation for editorial, packaging and recipe development.
Featuring a wonderful array of curry dishes to suit every palate.
Slow cookers and curries really are a match made in culinary heaven, because slow cooking spices allows them to slowly release their essential oils and fragrance creating tantalizing and aromatic sauces, while at the same time rendering even the most economical cuts of meat succulent and tender.
These tantalizing recipes use ingredients easily found at a local grocer, without compromising authentic flavor. It's a wonderful internationally-influenced selection of recipes which also includes over 40 recipes for rice, chickpeas, lentils, beans and peas.
- Spiced Prawn and Pineapple Curry, Bangkok Sour Pork Curry, Kali Dhal
- Caribbean Curried Beef, Burmese Golden Rice, Butter Chicken
- Pork Rendang, Sticky Jasmine Rice, Lemon and Date Pickle
- Filipino Green Papaya Curry, Saag Dhal, Lamb Biryani
- Creamy Spinach and Tomato Dhal, Jamaican Fresh Peach Chutney
There are also delicious and creative twists on accompaniments along with slow cooker know-how such as preparing various types of food for the slow cooker. Cooks will delight in the combination of the authentic sumptuous dishes as well as the greatly reduced time spent in the kitchen.