The pillow is designed for good sleep, they cradle your head without getting flat. It support my head and neck in every position I have tried, so no sore neck anymore, no tossing and turning. I got what I paid for, I might order more later.
I am very pleased with my purchase of this outer down pillow. The composition of this pillow with the down encased does not bother my allergies. After laying on this pillow, it reatins its shape and does not sag or matt. The density is perfect for my needs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? no color, standar pillow color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I really like this pillow, the fill is comfortable and does not matt; it retains its shape
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description accurately described the pillow and fill
It has an odar to start with; that I expected due to another review. I took care of that byputting them through the dryer (air only ) I took the firmest quality due to a review stating they were not as firm as labeled. Still a little to soft. But the price was and is quite good. If I were to need a replacement; I would look for something with a higher Star Rating.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the fabric and stuffing (down) are very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It was marked or labeled as Extra Firm; It's was closer to Medium Firm
I ordered this pillow in the 'extra firm' jumbo type. This so-called 'extra firm' has ZERO support. It is exactly the opposite of any rational definition of the word FIRM. Laying on it causes it to immediately compress down to nothing and it provides no support for your head/neck whatsoever. If you are a masochist and seeking to cause neck pain for yourself then I recommend this pillow to you.
Good Pillow, however these are the heaviest pillows I have ever felt. I purchased the extra firm and glad I did. Even the extra firm is still kind of soft. All in all OK, not great, not terrible,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I bought the medium firm pillows...they were just the right blend of firmness and softness. they hold their shape well. Great buy for the price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? great quality.
I believe an important thing to remember is that this is a *** pillow. A lot of quality down pillows will run ***, so I think this one is a very good value and overall I'm satisfied with the purchase. That being said there are some points I would like to add that might effect someone purchasing this pillow. It's a little crunchy, due to the feather core. I bought the jumbo extra-firm and it's really too soft to be called that, compared to every other firm or extra firm pillow I've had in the past. The jumbo size is not a queen/standard pillow, it's a queen. It will not fit in a standard case, but it did fit in cases I own that are true queen sized. I have not had any issues with smell or feathers poking out of the pillow, it's very soft on the outer surface.
I am super finicky about pillows, and I actually set back the first one I ordered for an exchange. They are labeled "medium", "firm", and "extra firm". Don't be fooled - the "medium" is so soft your head goes through it right to the bed. The extra firm ended up being what I needed - good support but still soft. Definitely a good deal for the price.
I like a really firm pillow, and have used a feather pillow for years. It was time for a new pillow, but I was unable to find any pillow firm enough for me. All the pillows I saw were either soft foam, or "down alternative" pillow, nothing firm. So I turned to Overstock. com. After reading the description of the pillow I decided to give it a try. I love this pillow! It certainly gives me the firm support I was looking for. The outside of the pillow is damask, high quality material.
These pillows are nice quality with superior covers. However, there is some discrepancy in how much fill they contain. We ordered the "firm" option and it really isn't. Wish we had gone up to the extra firm for more fill and better support.