Now that I am older, I sometimes experience Acid Reflux at night, so thought a wedge pillow would be a good choice for using to fall asleep. This particular wedge pillow was a GREAT choice. The height was perfect, the width is perfect and I have actually awakened a few times, in the morning, still on the wedge and my regular pillow. I'm a side sleeper, so you know it has to be comfy to sleep on my side on wedge. The firmness is just right for me too. I have a sleep number bed with a a 2" memory foam topper, so thought the memory foam would be good for the wedge. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked like the ad
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Was as described and expected
I bought this wedge because the reviews said it was perfect, and I have to agree. It's firm, but not too firm, so it raises my upper body while providing enough cushioning for a good night's sleep. My previous wedge pillow was too firm and hurt my bones. I use this wedge along with my regular pillow, and I can even sleep comfortably on my side. I couldn't be happier. I could sleep on this wedge for the rest of my life!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? White, as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description didn't specify the height of the pillow. It's 6-8 inches at the high end.
Great for sleep apnea and acid reflux, however it retains heat which does not feel that good, but it helps with neck pain.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I have only used this pillow twice since receiving it, but already know it is the answer to some back discomfort I have which has prevented me from getting a good night's sleep for some time. Everyone is different so what helps me may not help someone else, but I have no complaints whatsoever. I could stay in bed all day based on how comfortable this pillow is and am now having the most comfortable sleep. This pillow was my last attempt before breaking down to buy a firmer mattress, but now I will not be doing that. This pillow is fantabulous!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Received in great condition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Pillow provides comfort whether sleeping, reading or watching TV. Foam is dense and doesn't show any sign of flattening out, even though I've been using it for a month or so.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pillow is white, just like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. silky pillow case; dense, firm foam
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I have had a tempurpedic matterss the past several years. In the summer it gets softer and a sink into it. Besides killing my back, I also have a cervical problemthat causes me to black out if I sleep completely horizontal. This pillow was just what I needed to wake up pain free in the morning. It molds into my mattress and fills in the sink hole and also raises it a few inches. It does this because it is made of the same material AND because it is long and tapered down to almost nothing at the edge. I could not find anything out there built this way. Definately worth the money!
I purchased this wedge and the $29 beautyrest wedge. The BeautyRest wedge, I am returning. I needed a wedge because I am one of those people that can only sleep 4 hours in a bed. Most of my sleepy time is spent in a recliner. If I sleep in a bed over 4 hours, I have horrific lower back muscle spasms. This does help a lot. I used it last night and did not have the muscle spasms in my back come morning. Not a miracle worker for me but it does help tremendously. I also use a pillow with it.
I have tried numerous ways to raise my head and shoulders to help reduce the effects of acid reflux when sleeping. I have tried different memory foam wedges and stacks of pillows. For various reasons none worked very well. When I ordered this SplendoRest wedge, I was almost at the point of getting a new bed frame that allowed me to raise the upper portion of the bed. Luckily this wedge was just right, in combination with a soft pillow I use on top. I can sleep on my back or my side and it works to raise my head and shoulders just enough. An additional bonus to helping solve my reflux problem, it also helped keep my sinuses from clogging up so I can't breathe. I just need to find some nice exchangable and washable 'pillow' cases for it.
I purchased this for my husband, who has acid reflux and a hiatal hernia. He had been using multiple pillows that ended up all over the bed, and not where they should be, supporting his head and shoulders! I looked at several versions of wedges, but decided this would be best because it was not too steep an incline, and my husband still could use his pillow with it. He has had it a month now, and he is sleeping a lot better. He's very satisfied with the product. The only thing we made sure to do when we got it was to follow the instructions to let it re-expand fully and off-gas for a day or two before we used it, as it was compressed for shipping.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good support, but not too firm as to be uncomfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
very quick delivery. fresh clean welll protected. was told to get this for a shoulder surgery and it is excellent for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality, does what it was suppopsed to
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly the same
I have a back problems and sleep apnea. This pillow provides relief for both issues. The memory foam is very comfortable and maintains its form perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very comfortable. Since it is cut at 2 angles, the incline is less on one side than the other which gives the user a choice for comfort level.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on
So a couple of good improvements over my last wedge pillow: 1) It doesn't stink like chemicals. I barely had to let it sit out for a day before using it. My last wedge I let sit out for 3-4 days and the smell still didn't go away and still hasn't to this day. 2) While it's not as firm as I thought it would be, this wedge pillow is certainly more firm than my last wedge as well. The way the other one sank I might as well have been using my regular pillow. Overall, this pillow is certainly an improvement over what I had and it helps with reflux at night but still having some issues with neck soreness but certainly not as consistently as I had with the other pillow.
I had previously purchased one of these Wedge Pillows (different brand), but found they were too hard to sleep on comfortably. Not only was it hard foam, but the angle was too steep, the dept was too much. If angle is too steep you keep sliding down during the night, it was awful on my back. This SplendoRest is perfect. Its softer, easier to sleep on. The angle is perfect. I have asthma and sinus issues. This angle/height allows me to sleep even when my asthma is bothering me. I wake up with less sinus problems. Would recommend and buy again.
I rarely leave reviews (am I bad!), but this pillow wedge definitely warrants a great one. I studied what seems like hundreds of these things until I decided to buy this one. After having pneumonia & pleurisy caused by a combination of GERD & chronic post nasal drip, I knew I had to make some changes, including keeping my chest elevated while lying down or sleeping. I really didn't think I'd be able to sleep with one, but please believe me, it is so comfortable, I got used to it immediately, & sleep like a baby! Plus, both of my conditions are improving. Perfect elevation, memory foam makes all the difference, & the size is perfect! I will say that finding a dust mite cover & spare cases is next to impossible, so this company needs to offer them. They'd make a fortune! I ended up ordering Euro sham covers that will suffice. Great product, good pricing, fast delivery. Highly, highly recommended!! Great product
The pillow has provided major relief from gastric reflux and in turn I feel much better with increased energy! Would recommend definitely. Did have to air out foam for several days which I understand is fairly standard and definitely not a problem.
This wedge pillow is great for someone who has drainage, bronchitis, or had an operation, especially in the stomach area. It is a bit firm but still comfortable while sleeping. Just the right height for sleeping and if wanting to watch tv, just put another flat pillow on top. If it was any higher, one couldn't sleep comfortably on their sides, only their back. Wish it came with an additional slip cover to easily take off and wash instead of only the zip cover which is a pain to take off and put back on.